Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Status quo...

It has been a while since I updated my blog, but there is not much to say.

I started work, and I am orienting everywhere. They send me to all departments related to OR, so that I understand the perioperative flow in the hospital. Tomorrow I have the second week of my OR class, where I learn how to handle myself the OR. I think they will teach me both circulating and scrubbing. Yesterday and today I put together trays and started to learn some of the equipment I will need to know. I now know the difference between a hemostat and a Kocher. I also know the difference between a Crile and a Kelly clamp. It was sort of interesting to see all the different trays and what they are used for. A GYN tray looks a lot different from an orthopedic tray. The craniotomy tray I put together had a lot of crazy equipment. I think I am interested to see what neurosurgery is like. It seems like it would be very fine and delicate work. I will just have to wait and see where I end up. I get to rotate through all the specialties and pick the ones I like.

Hubby has set up his office. He seems to be more excited about things. I think setting up the office made it more real to him. He made letterhead, and is working on a sign for the door. He sent letters to the various courts around Christiansburg to get on their court appointed lists. He has a lot of free time right now, so he has been doing a lot of the cooking, which I really appreciate. He plans on cooking a special meal for me for Valentine’s Day. He said he is cooking me lamb. I like lamb, so I am looking forward to it.

For the part things are rolling along like they should be. Not much to report, really.

No comments: