Thursday, December 13, 2007

Time Lapse

It has been about a month since I have posted to my blog.

I think I have wanted to ignore all my problems and hope they go away.

The house still has not sold. Not really surprising, given the market right now. We have had a lot of interest, but no offers, yet. I need to start looking at temporary housing in Roanoke, I think. It is frustrating having so much interest, but no offers. I think people are just waiting for something.

We did IUI this cycle, but Hubby's sperm came back with no normal forms, so I doubt that anything will happen this cycle. Unfortunately, that means my period is due around Christmas. Merry Christmas to me. Not making me the most happy camper in the world right now. Fortunately, we are doing Christmas with my family, and no one in my generation is having children, yet. There is one couple who could possibly be pregnant, but I hope my parents will warn me if that is the case.

Both of us are a little devastated by the news of his semen analysis. I know exactly how hubby feels. When I was diagnosed with PCOS, I flet like a failure as a female. This is something my body was made to do, and I could not do it. I have a nuch hubby feels the same way right now. I wich there was something I could do to make it better.

We still have two vials of the semen we can use for another IUI, but I do not know if it is worth it. MD wants new semen samples for IVF in the spring, so they will likely just sit there, unused.

We are looking at IVF in the spring. How we are going to afford IVF is another question. The house needs to sell, and Hubby needs a job, or at least start his own business. If he starts his own business, I do not know how much he is going to be willing to spend. He does want his own child, though, so I think he will be willing to invest in the process.

I am a little sad that we have to do IVF. I wanted things to be as natural as possible. Now that ideal is gone. I guess while I am waiting to start IVF, I can get myself as healthy as possible. I think it will be easier if I am in the best shape I can possibly be. I already have lost some weight, but I could stand to lose more. I will continue with weight watchers and working out. That should also keep my stress level as low as possible.

No comments: