Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Miscommunication

Hubby and I talked a little before he left for work this morning. He feels like we have not been able to talk to each other lately. He feels like I do not listen to him. He has not been able to express his feelings and opinions to me without me getting upset. Between the move and the infertility issues he has been feeling very inadequate lately. I am not sure how to get past this

I do get upset when he talks negatively about the move. What I hear is that he does not want to leave. I hear that he is not comfortable with things as they are. That makes me upset. I have put a lot of effort into this move. I have put a lot of effort into the house to help it sell. I got us a place to land when we move to Roanoke. I put off my start date on my new job so that we could move together. I really hate where I am now, and the possiblility of escape is so close, I can almost taste it.

I am not happy about the holding pattern we are in with the house. I think I do not like hearing that the house has to sell in order for us to move forward. I wish we had no ties to this area, and could just leave. Unfortunately, that is not reality. A lot of our assets are tied up in the house. We have to sell this house before we can truly settle in Roanoke. We have to sell the house before we can continue infertility treatment. The housing market is slow right now, and houses in this area are just not selling. It does not look like we will get an offer any time soon. I am hopeful, but frustrated. We are getting a lot of interest in the house, but no one is offering to buy it. So we are stuck paying a mortgage on a house we do not want.

When Hubby complains, I want to fix it. I want to make things better, I want things to feel more positive. When he talks negatively about moving, I feel like what I have done to make the move easier is not appreciated.

I think it is diffucult for me to see his point of view because I am in a very different place than he is. I think I have already made the break, and I am looking forward to what will happen next. He is not there yet because none of his stuff is firm. I do not know. There seems to be a lot of things we need to work out.

No comments: