Thursday, June 5, 2008

Stressful day

Stressful day, and I still have a long way to go.

Oscar, our male Dane is currently in the hospital. This morning he started whining and curling around himself. He is not a big whiner, so when he does whine, you know something is wrong. Hubby had already left for the day when Oscar started complaining. He would not get up. I took him to the vet with the help of a neighbor. The vet ran as many tests as they could. His lab work was normal, but his EKG came back abnormal. Also his neuro status was a major concern. They sent us to VA Tech’s vet hospital. I have never been there before, so it was an experience. They did a very through history and physical, and then did a thorough neuro exam. Apparently the injury is to his inner ear, though they are also concerned about the cardiac issues. I had to leave him in the ICU overnight. If I did not have to work tonight, I think it would kill me. I have to work a 12 hour shift tonight. I hope it goes smoothly, but you never know what will come through the door of a level 1 trauma center. At the rate my day has been going, we may get traumas all night long.

There just seems to be a lot of bad mojo out there right now.

5 comments:

Jessica White said...

I'm so sorry. I hope you're baby is all right. I'll say a prayer for him that he gets better REAL soon!

and for you to keep your sanity.

Michelle said...

Aww... sick doggies are the saddest! I am sending Oscar get well wishes- hope he come home to you soon!
Visiting from NCLM!

Jamie said...

I am so, so sorry. My cats are my babies and whenever something is wrong with them, it makes me sick.

I hope your shift goes by quickly and Oscar is doing well when you see him!

annacyclopedia said...

I'm so sorry Oscar is sick. I hope he recovers quickly and there is an easy answer for what's wrong. You're both in my thoughts and prayers.

starsgoblue said...

Hope everything turns out ok. Sending positive thoughts your way.